Group Finance Manager
£60,000+ plus car or car allowance
Due to continued and prolonged success, a manufacturer within the pharmaceutical/healthcare sector is growing rapidly and is now looking for a forward-thinking and dynamic Group Finance Manager to join their senior leadership team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, as Group Finance Manager you will be responsible for leading on all financial matters – managing both the ‘business as usual’ and playing a strategic role when it comes to future growth tactics.
With a team of ~6 reporting into you, you’ll analyse and challenge business performance – ensuring that your department both complies with and drives forward the overall commercial objectives. You’ll identify opportunities to increase profitability; whilst ensuring that risks are identified, reported on, and mitigated as much as possible.
As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, you’ll be included in all aspects of decision making and will be called upon to provide robust data and management information for consumption both internally and with external parties including auditors, advisers, bankers and suppliers.
In summary, your duties will include (though will not be limited to):
- Budgets - production of the annual phased budget for the year
- Monthly and statutory reporting - including P&L and cash flow as well as future P&L and cash projections beyond the current financial year.
- Cash management – managing and providing transparency over cash management
- KPI reporting
- Balance sheet management including key reconciliations and cut-off procedures together with robust control over stock balances.
- Audit and tax - dealing with and managing queries from auditors
- Financial analysis - including investment decisions and margin calculations for current and prospective customers.
- Line management – performance management, appraisals, KPI setting and monitoring
This is a fantastic role with an exciting and fast-paced business. To be considered to you must have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified or PQ Accountant (ACCA, ICAS or CIMA)
- 5+ years of experience working in a managerial position
- Experience from either the manufacturing or FMCG industries (ideally)
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment where you’ll be asked to contribute across a range of issues both inside and outside of finance.
- Demonstrable experience managing a P&L and balance sheet, putting controls in place to ensure accurate monthly reporting of the financial statements
- Ambition to help deliver growth
- Proven experience of leadership and developing others
- Down to earth with the personality and communication skills that will build strong working relationships across the business
- Solutions orientated - able to bring your own ideas as well as implement the ideas of others
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please contact Fiona @ Denholm today!
**Please note that because this business is considered an 'essential service' during the COVID19 pandemic, interviews will be conducted via video-conferencing throughout the month of April as the business is very much so operating 'as usual'. **
Find out more...
If you'd like more information on this opportunity, please get in touch today!
Fiona Todd, Head of Glasgow, Director
Call 0141 212 2726
Apply Now: Group Finance Manager